Helping People Live, Learn and Earn in Our Community



If you have a child or a loved one with a disability, there are many services available to support you, your loved one and your family throughout their lifetime. You may already be involved with disability services through an IEP, a 504 Plan or related school activities. However, there is an array of other available services outside of school that you can take advantage of.


As your loved one grows, there is one question that may help you determine a course of action for their life: “Will my loved one be fully able to support and sustain him or herself in his or her life?”


If the answer to this question is “no,” “probably not” or “I’m not sure,” you should consider looking into the services that the Geauga County Board of Developmental Disabilities has to offer.


For information about how the Geauga County Board of Developmental Disabilities can help you make a plan for your loved one, contact our Intake Coordinator at 440-729-9406.